WP Spotlight Plug-in 2.0

  • gero_herrmann
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008
      After repeated user request, I have released a new version 2.0 of WP
      Spotlight Plug-in that indexes documents created by WordPerfect on
      any platform, based on the free "wpd2text" tool from the "libwpd"
      library. The indexing engine for WP Mac documents, which offers
      better performance and extra features, is unchanged, so there is
      no need to upgrade for users who deal only with WP Mac documents.

      WP documents from other platforms are recognized by the extensions
      .wp, .wp4, .wp5, .wp6, and .wpd. WP Mac documents do not need any
      filename extension. In fact, they should not have an extension (or to
      be more precise, at least not one starting with ".wp") in order to be
      indexed with the same performance and extra features as with version
      1.0.2.

      Feedback will be most appreciated.

      G Herrmann

      http://homepage.mac.com/herr
    • Bob Stern
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008
        >gero_herrmann wrote:
        >
        >WP Mac documents do not need any filename extension. In fact, they
        >should not have an extension (or to be more precise, at least not
        >one starting with ".wp") in order to be indexed with the same
        >performance and extra features as with version 1.0.2.

        A thousand thanks, Gero!

        Does your quoted statement mean that I should continue to use your
        previous plugin 1.0.2 if some of my WP Mac documents have a . wp
        extension? (I do not have any WP documents from Windows or other
        platforms.)
        --

        Bob Stern
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 13, 2008