Testers for revised simpler version of WPMac/Intel?

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 7, 2008
      I've done some more work on my simpler, less
      ambitious method of running WPMac on Intel Macs,
      still based on an easily-installed copy of the
      Basilisk II open-source emulator.

      I want to post a page about this on my
      "WordPerfect for DOS Updated" web site (which
      already has a page about WPMac), but would
      prefer to get any last bugs out before this
      goes fully public. If anyone is willing to
      download and test this updated version, I'd
      be grateful.

      The address is here:

      http://idisk.mac.com/emendelson-Public?view=web

      and the filename is:

      Test10.dmg

      (which may change to Test11.dmg, etc. if I
      need to make any changes). Download by
      clicking the arrow at the far RIGHT of the
      line that contains the filename. Double-click
      on the downloaded .DMG file to get started.

      After you launch the installer from the
      .DMG file, you only need to click three times
      to finish the installation.

      This new version is basically similar to the
      old one, but with many minor improvements. If
      you already have the old version, you should
      probably run the "Remove WPMac Appliance"
      script to clear out the old version before
      installing the new one. The new version is
      smoother, sleeker, more efficient, and comes
      with a new Applescript program that lets you
      add, create, and manage the disk images used by
      the Basilisk II system - far more easily than
      with the ugly "BasiliskIIGUI" program.

      I'll be grateful for any feedback, and I hope
      this system proves easy to use and convenient
      for anyone who wants it. As before, it is NOT
      designed as a substitute for John Rethorst's
      high-powered SheepShaver-based WPMac setup,
      which is designed for getting serious work done
      in WPMac. My alternative is a quick and
      convenient way of opening, viewing, printing,
      and converting files - nothing more than that.