Re: RTF Problem Fixed!

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "johnhokanson1980"
      <john.hokanson.jr@...> wrote:

      > Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving.
      >
      > I just wanted to send a quick shout out to Edward and other people
      > who have had: Your RTF fix worked beautifully! The question now
      > becomes why and how? I dunno. Maybe some file in the Conversions 2.1
      > packet doesn't work all the time. One person dating back to 2004 had
      > this same problem (check this post):

      Glad to hear it. Thanks for reporting back. By the way, I'm not
      certain, but I think that all that may need to be replaced is the
      Preferences file, not the converter filters themselves. But I'm not
      certain of that. Meanwhile, the obvious thing to do is to backup your
      WordPerfect folder in the Preferences folder in the System Folder, in
      case the problem occurs again.
    • Linda Boles
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        Glad to hear that, but I'm still getting a message that the sheepshaver is not compatible with my mac 10.5.5. I'm ready to give up.....

        Linda B. Boles

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Linda Boles <lboles@...> wrote:

          > Glad to hear that, but I'm still getting a message that the
          sheepshaver is not compatible with my mac 10.5.5. I'm ready to give
          up.....

          Try the alternate method described in message 5469: