RTF Problem Fixed!

  • johnhokanson1980
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2008
      Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving.

      I just wanted to send a quick shout out to Edward and other people
      who have had: Your RTF fix worked beautifully! The question now
      becomes why and how? I dunno. Maybe some file in the Conversions 2.1
      packet doesn't work all the time. One person dating back to 2004 had
      this same problem (check this post):

      http://forum.soft32.com/mac/WordPerfect-5e-Convert-RTF-
      ftopict51564.html

      Plus, as a bonus, you gave me some Appleworks converters not in that
      packet. :)

      I can now save RTF files. XTND still doesn't work, but that's a
      problem for another day.

      Thanks a bunch! You are awesome Edward!

      One more thing I want to point out is that your .sea archive doesn't
      seem to work on OS9 (I had the same garbage files as generated by
      the .zip). The .sit works fine though. Just in case you want to
      distro this to OS9 users. :)

      - John
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "johnhokanson1980"
        <john.hokanson.jr@...> wrote:

        > Hope everybody had a good Thanksgiving.
        >
        > I just wanted to send a quick shout out to Edward and other people
        > who have had: Your RTF fix worked beautifully! The question now
        > becomes why and how? I dunno. Maybe some file in the Conversions 2.1
        > packet doesn't work all the time. One person dating back to 2004 had
        > this same problem (check this post):

        Glad to hear it. Thanks for reporting back. By the way, I'm not
        certain, but I think that all that may need to be replaced is the
        Preferences file, not the converter filters themselves. But I'm not
        certain of that. Meanwhile, the obvious thing to do is to backup your
        WordPerfect folder in the Preferences folder in the System Folder, in
        case the problem occurs again.
      • Linda Boles
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
          Glad to hear that, but I'm still getting a message that the sheepshaver is not compatible with my mac 10.5.5. I'm ready to give up.....

          Linda B. Boles

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2008
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Linda Boles <lboles@...> wrote:

            > Glad to hear that, but I'm still getting a message that the
            sheepshaver is not compatible with my mac 10.5.5. I'm ready to give
            up.....

            Try the alternate method described in message 5469: