Re: Need urgent help on RTF format

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 21, 2008

      > I haven't had this problem. Has anyone?
      >
      > To the OP: have you tried deleting all components of WP, including
      > the Library and Preferences files in the WordPerfect folder in the
      > Preferences folder in the System Folder, and reinstalling?
      >
      > To Ed: did you move the Conversion folder, and set that new
      > folder path in Edit > Preferences > Folders?

      No, I didn't move the Conversion folder. I've been experimenting with
      System 7.6.1 under Basilisk II, and created a fresh 7.6.2 system then
      installed 3.5e from the CD (not the download). Exactly the same
      problem saving to RTF. There's a note in the ReadMe about problems
      with Macintosh Easy Open and 7.6, so I tried turning off Mac Easy
      Open - no luck either.

      But saving to RTF does definitely work in my 7.5.5/BasiliskII setup
      (the one I posted for downloading). Very puzzling.
    • johnhokanson1980
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 26, 2008

        > By the way, I finally caught on that you're using OS 9 only, not OS X
        > plus Classic. I would have posted a SIT at the start if I had realized
        > this.
        >
        > If nothing else works, get an old copy of MacLink (through version
        > 12), easily available on eBay, and use it to convert files. It may do
        > a better job than the older conversion modules included with WP.

        Never thought about that. I'll look into it. Thanks.

        - John