Re: Totally Confused

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <bearsteve@...> wrote:

      > According to
      > what I've read, it seems like I wouldn't be able to use WPMac on my
      > machine even with SS.

      Yes, you will be able to, and it will work as well as WP ever has
      (and faster).

      > I've also bookmarked but not yet downloaded 3.5e which according to
      > Getting started with WordPerfect Mac, I should be able to use on this
      > machine.

      Correct.

      > I think all this reading is getting to me! So can I download and use
      > 3.5e and do I have to use SS?

      Yes and yes.

      > If yes, the directions are either
      > confusing or I didn't do something right.

      At what point, exactly, in the installation does something go
      wrong? What happens?

      John R.
    • Steve K
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2008
        Thanks for your reply.

        So far I haven't tried to install anything as I was trying to understand
        the directions for both SS and WordPerfect.

        Another question - should I install SS first or WP first and then SS?
        From what I've read it seems like I should do SS first.  Is that correct?

        Some of the items mentioned in Installing SheepShaver/WordPerfect
        aren't all located in the folder specified.  I have found all of them,
        but in different areas on the hard drive.  Should I delete them and
        reinstall SS again so it puts everything in one folder as it says in
        the instructions?

        Thanks
        Steve