Totally Confused

  • Steve
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
      I've read everything I can here and still am in the dark. I have the
      iMac with Leopard and Intel Core 2 Dual processor.

      I read about SheepShaver and downloaded both the information and the
      program. Now here's where the confusion sets in for me. According to
      what I've read, it seems like I wouldn't be able to use WPMac on my
      machine even with SS.

      I've also bookmarked but not yet downloaded 3.5e which according to
      Getting started with WordPerfect Mac, I should be able to use on this
      machine.

      I think all this reading is getting to me! So can I download and use
      3.5e and do I have to use SS? If yes, the directions are either
      confusing or I didn't do something right. I've found all the folders
      that are listed in Installing SS/WP. No alias on the desktop but I
      know where the application folder is.

      So should I start from the application folder and go from there? I
      apologize if this should be self explanatory but it's now all greek to me.

      Thanks
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Steve" <bearsteve@...> wrote:

        > According to
        > what I've read, it seems like I wouldn't be able to use WPMac on my
        > machine even with SS.

        Yes, you will be able to, and it will work as well as WP ever has
        (and faster).

        > I've also bookmarked but not yet downloaded 3.5e which according to
        > Getting started with WordPerfect Mac, I should be able to use on this
        > machine.

        Correct.

        > I think all this reading is getting to me! So can I download and use
        > 3.5e and do I have to use SS?

        Yes and yes.

        > If yes, the directions are either
        > confusing or I didn't do something right.

        At what point, exactly, in the installation does something go
        wrong? What happens?

        John R.
      • Steve K
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 22, 2008
          Thanks for your reply.

          So far I haven't tried to install anything as I was trying to understand
          the directions for both SS and WordPerfect.

          Another question - should I install SS first or WP first and then SS?
          From what I've read it seems like I should do SS first.  Is that correct?

          Some of the items mentioned in Installing SheepShaver/WordPerfect
          aren't all located in the folder specified.  I have found all of them,
          but in different areas on the hard drive.  Should I delete them and
          reinstall SS again so it puts everything in one folder as it says in
          the instructions?

          Thanks
          Steve

          > what I've read, it seems like I wouldn't be able to use WPMac on my
          > machine even with SS.

          Yes, you will be able to, and it will work as well as WP ever has
          (and faster).

          > I've also bookmarked but not yet downloaded 3.5e which according to
          > Getting started with WordPerfect Mac, I should be able to use on this
          > machine.

          Correct.

          > I think all this reading is getting to me! So can I download and use
          > 3.5e and do I have to use SS?

          Yes and yes.