Need urgent help on RTF format

  • John Hokanson Jr.
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 20, 2008
      Hey guys.

      I seem to be having trouble joining Yahoo Groups, so I am unable to retreive
      stuff from the member's only section. Please bear with me. For some stupid
      reason it keeps asking me to create a member profile and when I do, it still
      won't let me join the group.

      This has necessitated me just asking the question directly, even though I'm
      sure I could find my answer in the member's only section.

      I have a copy of WordPerfect 3.5e that I downloaded to my iMac G3. I also
      downloaded the OS8 and 9 patch and installed that (I'm using OS9.2.2).
      Unfortunately, I can not seem to save any documents in RTF format (I get a
      "resource not found -192"). This is very annoying because I need RTF for
      document portability. Am I doing something wrong?

      If there something else I should be doing? Is there a patch that anybody can
      send me?

      I'd be very greatful for answers. Thank you.

      - John

    • johnhokanson1980
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 26, 2008

        > By the way, I finally caught on that you're using OS 9 only, not OS X
        > plus Classic. I would have posted a SIT at the start if I had realized
        > this.
        >
        > If nothing else works, get an old copy of MacLink (through version
        > 12), easily available on eBay, and use it to convert files. It may do
        > a better job than the older conversion modules included with WP.

        Never thought about that. I'll look into it. Thanks.

        - John