Simpler method for running WPMac on Intel - improved (and really final this time

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 20, 2008
      After some further testing, I've posted another,
      and this time I hope really final, version of my
      simpler, smaller method of running WPMac on
      Intel machines.

      The improved version has a better installer, and
      now includes a one-click script that will run the
      system in full-screen mode, and another script
      that lets you change the window size without going
      to the unfriendly setup program.

      As before, the download is here:

      http://idisk.mac.com/emendelson-Public?view=web

      To download and run, click on the down arrow at the
      far right of the line with "WP Appliance Files.zip"
      This will download a ZIP file to your downloads
      folder. Double-click on the ZIP file to extract
      a folder called "WP Appliance Files" Inside that
      folder is an icon "Install WPMac Appliance."
      Double-click on that icon and follow the prompts.

      If you already have an earlier version you may or may
      not want to run the "Remove WPMac Appliance" script
      before installing the new one. The new version
      can simply overwrite the current one without
      problems, but you should make sure to choose the
      option to replace the existing virtual disk with the
      new one.

      Again, if you want to get real work done in WPMac,
      you should use John's much more ambitious system
      based on SheepShaver. My simpler system has been an
      interesting challenge to put together, and I've
      learned a lot about AppleScript in the process,
      but I hope it may be at least slightly useful to
      other people too.