Sheepshaver does nothing on PPC/OS 10.5.5

  • michielhvr
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 16, 2008
      I tried to install Sheepshaver on OS 10.5.5./PPC, but in SheepShaver
      prefs I can't get the path right for the SheepShaver volume.dmg.
      After navigating as instructed to this file, it will leave out the
      ' /users/"myname"/ '-part of the path and will only display
      "SheepShaver volume.dmg".

      When starting SheepShaver simply nothing happens.

      Does anyone know what is wrong?

      Michiel
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "michielhvr" <michielhvr@...>
        wrote:

        > I tried to install Sheepshaver on OS 10.5.5./PPC, but in SheepShaver
        > prefs I can't get the path right for the SheepShaver volume.dmg.
        > After navigating as instructed to this file, it will leave out the
        > ' /users/"myname"/ '-part of the path and will only display
        > "SheepShaver volume.dmg".

        This happens, apparently, when the Prefs program is in the same
        folder as the volume.dmg. If you follow the instructions in John's
        download, and install the program as instructed in John's download,
        this problem won't occur. You may also be able to avoid the problem
        by moving the Prefs program to your desktop, or some other place
        entirely separate from the folder with the .dmg file.