Final (I hope) version of smaller way to run WPMac on Intel

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 15, 2008
      I've posted an improved, and I hope final, version of
      my "appliance" for running WPMac on Intel machines.
      The download is the first one listed on this page:

      http://idisk.mac.com/emendelson-Public?view=web

      It has many minor improvements in content and
      interface, and unless someone finds something wrong
      with it, I think it will be the final version, as it seems
      to work quite well.

      To download and run, click on the down arrow at the
      far right of the line with "WP Appliance Files--New
      VersionTest.zip" This will download a ZIP file to your
      downloads folder. Double-click on the ZIP file to
      extract a folder called "WP Appliance Files" Inside
      that folder is an icon "Install WPMac Appliance."
      Double-click on that folder and follow the prompts.

      If you already have an earlier version you may or may
      not want to run the "Remove WPMac Appliance" script
      before installing the new one. I think the new version
      can simply overwrite the current one without problems.

      I've found another advantage of John's SheepShaver
      version over this BasiliskII-based version: John's
      version can use the Lucida Grande font; this one
      can't. Otherwise, my setup is more suitable for
      getting an old WPMac file printed or converted to some
      other format. John's is the version you want if you
      actually want to get work done in WPMac.