downloading sheepsaver

  • johnhagerhorst
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 26, 2008
      It seems my mac doesn't have acroban or adobe reader. Is there some other way I can
      download?
      john
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "johnhagerhorst" <johncarlton@...> wrote:

        > It seems my mac doesn't have acroban or adobe reader. Is there
        > some other way I can download?
        > john

        If you're talking about the PDF file that helps with Sheepshaver,
        the Mac opens that and other PDF files in its own Preview
        application. You don't need Acrobat or Adobe Reader on the
        Mac when you want to read PDF files. Why not simply download
        the file and see for yourself?
      • john hagerhorst
        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 27, 2008
          Now I'm a little confused. The site said click here to download wp
          for mac, I did, and a window said can't download, you don't have
          etc. As far as I know, that is simply downloading. Is there another
          way?
          john

          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 28, 2008
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, john hagerhorst <johncarlton@...> wrote:

            > Now I'm a little confused. The site said click here to download wp
            > for mac, I did, and a window said can't download, you don't have
            > etc. As far as I know, that is simply downloading. Is there another
            > way?

            I think you'll need to tell us exactly which site you're talking about
            (please include the EXACT http:// address that's in the top of the
            browser, not some vague description) and which browser you're
            using (Safari, Firefox?). I doubt that anyone here has the faintest
            idea of which site you're referring to.
          • john hagerhorst
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 28, 2008
              I don't get along well with computers, but I can see my problem has
              changed and you can probably help me.
              I've got a G4 with 10.41 OS, and WP 6 & 8 discs that I want to
              install. Someplace that I can't find again didn't work. Can you
              send me a URL that will lead me to getting WP on my mac?
              john

              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 28, 2008
                --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, john hagerhorst <johncarlton@...> wrote:

                > I don't get along well with computers, but I can see my problem has
                > changed and you can probably help me.
                > I've got a G4 with 10.41 OS, and WP 6 & 8 discs that I want to
                > install. Someplace that I can't find again didn't work. Can you
                > send me a URL that will lead me to getting WP on my mac?

                Answered in message 5444 in this group.
              • Rick Albright
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 28, 2008
                  "WP 6 & 8"? That sounds like the Windows version, as WP for the Mac
                  only went as high as 3.5e. (It's a completely different program,
                  though it is file compatible.)

                  To run those on your Mac you will need a Windows emulator of some
                  kind. Or, you can download WPMac 3.5 and use that. You should find
                  this on the WordPerfectMac Yahoo site.

                  Rick Albright

                  On Oct 28, 2008, at 2:26 PM, john hagerhorst wrote:

                  > I don't get along well with computers, but I can see my problem has
                  > changed and you can probably help me.
                  > I've got a G4 with 10.41 OS, and WP 6 & 8 discs that I want to
                  > install. Someplace that I can't find again didn't work. Can you
                  > send me a URL that will lead me to getting WP on my mac?
                  > john
                  > On Oct 28, 2008, at 6:48 AM, Edward Mendelson wrote:
                  >
                  > > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, john hagerhorst
                  > > <johncarlton@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Now I'm a little confused. The site said click here to download wp
                  > > > for mac, I did, and a window said can't download, you don't have
                  > > > etc. As far as I know, that is simply downloading. Is there
                  > another
                  > > > way?
                  > >
                  > > I think you'll need to tell us exactly which site you're talking
                  > about
                  > > (please include the EXACT http:// address that's in the top of the
                  > > browser, not some vague description) and which browser you're
                  > > using (Safari, Firefox?). I doubt that anyone here has the faintest
                  > > idea of which site you're referring to.

                  “No dark sarcasm in the classroom”
                  --Roger Waters, “Another Brick in the Wall, Part 2”
                  from Pink Floyd, The Wall
                  Rick Albright
                  logres@...
                • Edward Mendelson
                  Message 8 of 9 , Oct 29, 2008
                    --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, john hagerhorst <johncarlton@...> wrote:

                    > I don't get along well with computers, but I can see my problem has
                    > changed and you can probably help me.
                    > I've got a G4 with 10.41 OS, and WP 6 & 8 discs that I want to
                    > install. Someplace that I can't find again didn't work. Can you
                    > send me a URL that will lead me to getting WP on my mac?

                    Wait a minute - you've got WP 6 and 8? Those are DOS and/or Windows
                    versions. You'll have to search the web for advice on running Windows
                    on a Mac. This isn't something that can be explained in a message here.
                  • Paul Cowan
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 29, 2008
                      On 29 Oct 2008, at 7h31, Edward Mendelson wrote, quoting others :

                      >> I've got a G4 with 10.41 OS, and WP 6 & 8 discs that I want to
                      >> install. Someplace that I can't find again didn't work. Can you
                      >> send me a URL that will lead me to getting WP on my mac?
                      >
                      > Wait a minute - you've got WP 6 and 8? Those are DOS and/or Windows
                      > versions. You'll have to search the web for advice on running Windows
                      > on a Mac. This isn't something that can be explained in a message
                      > here.

                      Not only that, but running Windows on a G4. I'm afraid the OP is in
                      for a world of hurt there.

                      bye,

                      P. (^_^)