Re: [wpmac] How to view WPWin 10 docs on Macbook?

  • J.J. McVeigh
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 19, 2008
      sparklett162002 wrote:

      >I'm totally mental when it comes to computers. I had an HP laptop,
      >but then I purchased a MacBook, and the nice people at Mac
      >transferred the documents from my HP to my MacBook.
      >
      >However, I cannot view some of the documents because they were
      >saved as .wpd. I get an error message that says, "There is no
      >default application specified to open the document, "New
      >WordPerfect 10 Document (4).wpd". Can anyone suggest the
      >easiest way I could view the documents via iWork '08?

      Translate them to WP Mac format with MacLink Plus
      http://www.dataviz.com

      or view them with NeoOffice
      http://www.neooffice.org
    • Paul Hogan
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 19, 2008
        There are at least 2 ways.
        Download Abiword, which can at least open Wordperfect files
        Purchase or download and use during a free trial period (maybe) MacLink Plus
        Paul Hogan

        On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 8:32 AM, sparklett162002
        <sparklett162002@...>wrote:

        > I'm totally mental when it comes to computers. I had an HP laptop,
        > but then I purchased a MacBook, and the nice people at Mac
        > transferred the documents from my HP to my MacBook.
        >
        > However, I cannot view some of the documents because they were
        > saved as .wpd. I get an error message that says, "There is no
        > default application specified to open the document, "New
        > WordPerfect 10 Document (4).wpd". Can anyone suggest the
        > easiest way I could view the documents via iWork '08?

      • Cheryl Collins
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 19, 2008
          I tried NeoIffice to read WP12 files ‹ unfortunately, there were way too
          many formatting glitches.