Installing "Open WP Files in OSX 0.3"

    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 5, 2008
      First, trash version 0.2 of this applet and empty the trash. Also, if
      the WordPerfect application is on a mounted OSX volume, trash
      that too. Then unzip 0.3. You may have to log out and back in
      to see the WP document icons.

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 20, 2008
        The icons aren't appearing yet since the method I used was how
        Classic apps did it. OSX apps like this one, duh, do it differently.
        So give me another week or so. The upside is that we can use a
        completely new, high-definition icon for WP documents in the OSX
        Finder. Anyone have an idea for a new icon?

        John R.

        > > > I installed the script and it seems to be working without any problems.
        > > > Since I'm trying to make the integration of SS as seamless as possible,
        > > > I do have one item I'd like help with. I would like to change the icon
        > > > on all my WP documents to show as such on the UNIX side so I know
        > > > what they are before clicking on them (and then having the new
        > > > Open WP files script kick in). How does one change icon display for all
        > > > files of the same type under OS X?
        > >
        > > This is a matter of adding WP's icons to the Open Files applet, and won't
        > > be hard to do. Give me a week or two.
        >
        > This is now done. Download "Open WP files in OSX 0.3.zip" from the
        > Temporary Items folder in the Files folder here.
        >
        > Let me know if anyone is still having problems with these.
        >
        > John R.

      • Edward Mendelson
        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 21, 2008

          > So give me another week or so. The upside is that we can use a
          > completely new, high-definition icon for WP documents in the OSX
          > Finder. Anyone have an idea for a new icon?

          Feel free to modify these, perhaps by adding an image of a document:

          http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#newicons