Re: [ANN] Public beta - Open WP files in SS from OSX.zip

    Message 1 of 22 , Oct 5, 2008

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "jeraldbricker" <jeraldbricker@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I installed the script and it seems to be working without any problems.
      > > Since I'm trying to make the integration of SS as seamless as possible,
      > > I do have one item I'd like help with. I would like to change the icon
      > > on all my WP documents to show as such on the UNIX side so I know
      > > what they are before clicking on them (and then having the new
      > > Open WP files script kick in). How does one change icon display for all
      > > files of the same type under OS X?
      >
      > This is a matter of adding WP's icons to the Open Files applet, and won't
      > be hard to do. Give me a week or two.

      This is now done. Download "Open WP files in OSX 0.3.zip" from the
      Temporary Items folder in the Files folder here.

      Let me know if anyone is still having problems with these.

      Message 2 of 22 , Oct 5, 2008
        First, trash version 0.2 of this applet and empty the trash. Also, if
        the WordPerfect application is on a mounted OSX volume, trash
        that too. Then unzip 0.3. You may have to log out and back in
        to see the WP document icons.

        Message 3 of 22 , Oct 20, 2008
          The icons aren't appearing yet since the method I used was how
          Classic apps did it. OSX apps like this one, duh, do it differently.
          So give me another week or so. The upside is that we can use a
          completely new, high-definition icon for WP documents in the OSX
          Finder. Anyone have an idea for a new icon?

          John R.

          > > > I installed the script and it seems to be working without any problems.
          > > > Since I'm trying to make the integration of SS as seamless as possible,
          > > > I do have one item I'd like help with. I would like to change the icon
          > > > on all my WP documents to show as such on the UNIX side so I know
          > > > what they are before clicking on them (and then having the new
          > > > Open WP files script kick in). How does one change icon display for all
          > > > files of the same type under OS X?
          > >
          > > This is a matter of adding WP's icons to the Open Files applet, and won't
          > > be hard to do. Give me a week or two.
          >
          > This is now done. Download "Open WP files in OSX 0.3.zip" from the
          > Temporary Items folder in the Files folder here.
          >
          > Let me know if anyone is still having problems with these.
          >
          > John R.

        • Edward Mendelson
          Message 4 of 22 , Oct 21, 2008

            > So give me another week or so. The upside is that we can use a
            > completely new, high-definition icon for WP documents in the OSX
            > Finder. Anyone have an idea for a new icon?

            Feel free to modify these, perhaps by adding an image of a document:

            http://www.columbia.edu/~em36/wpdos/macintosh.html#newicons