Tables,bullets lost when opening in WP?

  • mptreb
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 5, 2008
      I'm trying to open on my mac a document created in whatever the
      current version is of WP for Windows. Tables disappear; a bulleted
      list is consistently rendered as plain text paragraphs.

      I'm running OSX 10.4; so I have tried a few different things.

      OpenOffice deletes the tables and their contents -- I had no idea
      there was even anything missing; bullets open as text.

      AbiWord crashes when I try to open the document.

      WP3.5, installed as suggested here, opens the document, and converts
      the tables into text. Bullets, too, appear as plain text. This is
      the best I've done so far -- at least it pulls the data out of the WP
      file, and I can then reformat it.

      Is there something else I should try?

      Thanks for your help,
      Matt