Question about Droplets

  • jthees
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29 1:19 PM
      Hey gang,

      I must be an idiot, but I'm stuck with the Droplets. I'm running WP
      3.5 just fine, and I have the droplets on my SS desktop. If I dblclick
      the droplet, it tells me "Drop a file onto me to set..." etc. However,
      if I drop a file onto it, nothing happens. What am I doing
      incorrectly? I know for a fact I'm using the correct versions (ie,
      WP6-PC on the "Drop WP6+ file to open in WPMac."

      Any suggestions of something dumb I'm missing?

      Thanks!

      -J
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "jthees" <jthees@...> wrote:

        > I must be an idiot, but I'm stuck with the Droplets. I'm running WP
        > 3.5 just fine, and I have the droplets on my SS desktop. If I dblclick
        > the droplet, it tells me "Drop a file onto me to set..." etc. However,
        > if I drop a file onto it, nothing happens. What am I doing
        > incorrectly? I know for a fact I'm using the correct versions (ie,
        > WP6-PC on the "Drop WP6+ file to open in WPMac."

        Before you drop a file on a droplet, use the Open command in WPMac
        and navigate to that file's location. Do you see the file name in the list
        of openable files in that location? If not, cancel the dialog, go back to
        the Finder, and drop the file on the droplet. Then go to WPMac's Open
        dialog again. The file name should now be visible, or show as
        openable.