Macro question between WP platforms

  • Stuart Berman
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7 8:45 PM
      Background:
      I have a set of WP Win 8.0 templates and macros (mostly form based
      questions and a macro to merge WP documents) and need to duplicate this
      functionality on an new Intel based Mac (10.5).

      Is it worth trying to install WP for Mac 3.5e and trying to get these
      macros to run?

      The templates are for four text based forms with various lines and
      sections for some legal documents. The macros (about 10) help the user
      to fill out the form based on simple questions (author, typist, case
      number, etc). One macro merges several of these completed forms into a
      single package (with certain reformatting).

      I am no macro expert but don't mind getting my hands dirty if I can
      debug or rewrite some of these into something the Mac would parse. Some
      of the macros are as long as 900 lines.

      Thanks in advance for any advice.
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7 10:44 PM
        WP Windows and WP Mac have different macro languages, so a rewrite
        would be involved. It would not be too much trouble; it would be
        more of an effort duplicating the functionality in another program.

        John R.