Re: [wpmac] Batchmond for OS9

  • George B. Richardson
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2008
      Hi, Randy. Yes, I meant BatChmod. I tried your fix. Unfortunately, I
      could not replace the obdurate folder because it has locked items in
      it. The obdurate item that won't be emptied from the Trash is a
      folder called "Trashes". When I try to open the folder, it doesn't
      open. When I <Get Info> for that folder, it tells me that there is
      zero K on disk, for 3 items. I therefore conclude that there are
      locked, hidden items in the Trashes folder. I don't remember / know
      how to convince OS9 to show hidden items.

      So then I thought: Can i get at this from the OSX side of things? I
      quit out of SheepShaver and opened the HD.dmg in Leopard. I found
      Trashes on the OS9 Desktop, used a Widget to show hidden folders and
      found a "505" folder with miscellaneous empty folders and a couple of
      .DS Store items in Trashes. I then trashed the whole Trashes folder
      and emptied the trash on Leopard. Upon restarting SheepShaver, the
      Trashes folder was gone from the OS9 desktop, the lid was on the
      trash can and all is well with the world!

      Thanks for making me think outside the box!

      George Richardson