Re: [wpmac] Opening existing docs in SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2008
      Annetta

      OK. First, when you created the sheepshaver volume on which WP runs,
      you probably created a UNIX folder that appears on the Desktop when
      you launch sheepshaver. Some people use their Documents folder as
      their UNIX folder, so if you open the "UNIX disk" on the sheepshaver
      desktop, you should see the WP files you've been sent. If, like me,
      you made the UNIX folder a sub-folder of Documents during setup, then
      transfer the files into that subfolder in OS X.

      Unlike MS Word, WP files are not cross-platform. Therefore, unless
      you are sent WP Mac files, you'll need to convert. Converting WP
      files from other platforms should be done on the fly given you have
      all the relevant converters on the Sheepshaver volume. On the Yahoo
      site, John Rethorst has put together an extensive set of converters
      in the Files(?) section. Sorry, I don't remember what it's proper
      name is, but it's there. It may even be in the download package for
      sheepshaver already.

      Geoff