Re: [wpmac] Re: editing and saving to .wpd

  • Douglas Bouley
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 3, 2008
      Cool stuff. Thanks for that, Edward.

      -Doug

      Edward Mendelson wrote:
      > I wish you had spelled out the problem at the start. If the
      > final result desired is generating PDF files, then your client
      > doesn't need a Mac to create PDF files from WPDOS 5.1. All
      > he (or you) needs to do is go to this page and follow the
      > instructions. He will then have a completely automated
      > method already available that he can use in his current
      > WP setup on the Sony laptop:
      >
      > http://wpdos.org/pdfprint.html
      >
      > Questions about this should be asked in the WPDOS forum
      > at this address:
      >
      > http://wpuniverse.com

    • Michael
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 3, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@...> wrote:

        > I wish you had spelled out the problem at the start. If the
        > final result desired is generating PDF files, then your client
        > doesn't need a Mac to create PDF files from WPDOS 5.1. All
        > he (or you) needs to do is go to this page and follow the
        > instructions. He will then have a completely automated
        > method already available that he can use in his current
        > WP setup on the Sony laptop:

        What?

        The problem is editing .wpd files and then saving them back to
        .wpd format on a Mac: period.

        He has always been able to save as .pdf as it is native on a Mac.

        Thanks,

        Sorry I probably gave too much info on his complicated
        procedure of dealing with 2 separate courts systems (one
        requiring .wpd and the one .pdf)

        Mike
      • Edward Mendelson
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 4, 2008
          OK, then you've been given the answer two or three times about opening
          and saving .WPD files on the Mac. Use WordPerfect for the Mac. Download
          links are in the Links section, under Sheepshaver.

          As for saving PDF files, the point of the last message was that your client
          doesn't need to use a Mac for this purpose. He can continue using his
          Sony laptop (presumably running Windows) to edit both WPD files and to
          create PDF files, and doesn't have to copy files back and forth between
          the Sony machine and the Mac.

          All the information you need is right here.

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mikesreach@...> wrote