Re: editing and saving to .wpd

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 22 , Jul 2, 2008

      > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mikesreach@> wrote:
      >
      > > They send out their forms in .wpd format.
      > > These will open and can be modfied in OpenOffice or AbiWord.
      > > But then we have to send the modified version back in .wpd
      > > Neither program will save as a .wpd
      >
      > I know little about Windows WP, but WP Mac (running on
      > SheepShaver on your Intel Mac) will read and write WP Win
      > through version 8, if not later. Your need shouldn't be a
      > problem at all.
      >
      > John R.

      Thanks John.

      Unfortunately, I haven't been able to locate WP/MAC anywhere on
      this site. Not in the links and not in the files (as I've been referred
      to?) Check.. they're not there... at least not under WP/Mac or
      anything understandable to a newbee...

      I finally googled and found the 3.46 something version
      program from Australia

      Also downloaded all the conversion programs....

      Nothing worked...

      Opening the WP from Australia just gave me a message that
      it was not compatible with my computer... Classic want available

      I figured I'd have to download the most current version of
      WP MAC (which says OS8 and 9?).. then do something to it
      (from the conversion folder) I have all that stuff..

      I tried to follow Getting started with WP...

      But I could never even "start".

      Sorry.. I don't get this... it is way too complicated.

      Thanks for all your help.

      Mike
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 22 , Jul 3, 2008
        I wish you had spelled out the problem at the start. If the
        final result desired is generating PDF files, then your client
        doesn't need a Mac to create PDF files from WPDOS 5.1. All
        he (or you) needs to do is go to this page and follow the
        instructions. He will then have a completely automated
        method already available that he can use in his current
        WP setup on the Sony laptop:

        http://wpdos.org/pdfprint.html

        Questions about this should be asked in the WPDOS forum
        at this address:

        http://wpuniverse.com

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Michael" <mikesreach@...> wrote:

        > This week he has jury instructions due to the 9th Circuit. The
        > template came in .wpd format. He has to modify this document
        > adding names and other info. He seemed to feel that my fix
        > was an arguous task requiring excessive imports and
        > exports/translations, etc.
      • Douglas Bouley
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 3, 2008
          Cool stuff. Thanks for that, Edward.

          -Doug

          Edward Mendelson wrote:
          > I wish you had spelled out the problem at the start. If the
          > final result desired is generating PDF files, then your client
          > doesn't need a Mac to create PDF files from WPDOS 5.1. All
          > he (or you) needs to do is go to this page and follow the
          > instructions. He will then have a completely automated
          > method already available that he can use in his current
          > WP setup on the Sony laptop:
          >
          > http://wpdos.org/pdfprint.html
          >
          > Questions about this should be asked in the WPDOS forum
          > at this address:
          >
          > http://wpuniverse.com

        • Michael
          Message 4 of 22 , Jul 3, 2008
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@...> wrote:

            > I wish you had spelled out the problem at the start. If the
            > final result desired is generating PDF files, then your client
            > doesn't need a Mac to create PDF files from WPDOS 5.1. All
            > he (or you) needs to do is go to this page and follow the
            > instructions. He will then have a completely automated
            > method already available that he can use in his current
            > WP setup on the Sony laptop:

            What?

            The problem is editing .wpd files and then saving them back to
            .wpd format on a Mac: period.

            He has always been able to save as .pdf as it is native on a Mac.

            Thanks,

            Sorry I probably gave too much info on his complicated
            procedure of dealing with 2 separate courts systems (one
            requiring .wpd and the one .pdf)

            Mike
          • Edward Mendelson
            Message 5 of 22 , Jul 4, 2008
              OK, then you've been given the answer two or three times about opening
              and saving .WPD files on the Mac. Use WordPerfect for the Mac. Download
              links are in the Links section, under Sheepshaver.

              As for saving PDF files, the point of the last message was that your client
              doesn't need to use a Mac for this purpose. He can continue using his
              Sony laptop (presumably running Windows) to edit both WPD files and to
              create PDF files, and doesn't have to copy files back and forth between
              the Sony machine and the Mac.

              All the information you need is right here.