Re: [wpmac] From Windows/wordperfect to Macbook Pro

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 15 , Jul 2, 2008
      I've been using Microsoft Word for Windows to do exactly that for
      many years. A web search will show the method easily. I used to
      print booklets in WP, but then I needed to use some accented
      letters that WP only supported in its generic international fonts,
      so I switched my booklet printing to Word.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Diane Mettam <dmettam@...> wrote:

      > I've made a few concessions. I only use WP for
      > booklets - WP is the ONLY word processor that could
      > subdivide pages and then logically print the pages so
      > that you could come out with a book with pages 1 and
      > 8, and 2 and 7 on opposite sides, for instance.
    • Michael
      Message 2 of 15 , Jul 2, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@...> wrote:

        > I've been using Microsoft Word for Windows to do exactly that for
        > many years. A web search will show the method easily. I used to
        > print booklets in WP, but then I needed to use some accented
        > letters that WP only supported in its generic international fonts,
        > so I switched my booklet printing to Word.
        >
        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Diane Mettam <dmettam@> wrote:
        >
        > > I've made a few concessions. I only use WP for
        > > booklets - WP is the ONLY word processor that could
        > > subdivide pages and then logically print the pages so
        > > that you could come out with a book with pages 1 and
        > > 8, and 2 and 7 on opposite sides, for instance.

        Thanks Diane. He doesn't have Word for Windoze. He has a MAC.

        Mike
      • Bruce Rogers
        Message 3 of 15 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hello. I'm a new member of this discussion group.

          I'm currently a WordPerfect for Windows user, contemplating replacing
          my Dell laptop and considering an Apple product for that replacement.

          My firm uses WordPerfect as the word processor of choice (on Windows
          machines). So I am wondering whether there is an implementation of
          WordPerfect for a current generation of Apple laptop that would allow
          me to remain integrated with the Windows-based group I work with.

          I suppose one option is to run windows on a partition on the Apple
          laptop, and to install WordPerfect for Windows and run it from that
          partition. However I was kind of hoping to get away from the
          perpetual operability hassles I have had to put up with since I
          stopped using a Mac 15 years ago. Maybe that's just not a practical dream.

          Any suggestions?

          Bruce Rogers
          Dallas/Fort Worth
        • Joe Edgell
          Message 4 of 15 , Jul 3, 2008
            The oft quoted solutions, Bruce, are either the separate Windows
            partition and running WordPerfect under Windows using Bootcamp, the
            more elegant solution of running Windows within your Mac using
            Parallels desktop or VMWare's Fusion, or converting the documents
            using Dataviz's MacLinkPlus Deluxe. The easiest solution, if the most
            expensive, is the VMWare or Parallels solution.