Unable to get WP to work

  • reader951
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2008
      Hi All,

      I have been using WP on my G4 ibook [1.42 PPC] periodically and
      was happy with the results. However I needed to upgrade to 10.5.3
      and have been unable to get SheepShaver to run.

      What I have done. Went to the Links page, clicked on SS-WP1.1.zip,
      and downloaded it. I then double clicked on the download and
      followed the directions on the install pdf. The first time I tried the
      volume wouldn't set [and nothing worked] so I deleted everything
      and reclicked the download. This time everything seemed fine and
      I did the restart and set the printer information.

      For good measure I restarted again. I then tried double clicking
      on the SheepShaver alias. It goes to the dock, bounces a few
      times then disappears. I thought that might be normal
      behavior but wp shows a slash through it and says not supported.

      I looked thru the other information that downloaded but the only
      thing I see is a reference to the SheepShaver desktop which I don't
      seen to get [or if I do I'm not recognizing it.]I don't have to use
      many WP documents but I do receive a few and need to answer them
      back the same way. One reason is if I open them in Neo Office or
      the like they go from 2 pages to 50+ because of the
      formating - multicolumn.

      Thank you for your help,
      Jean