Re: [wpmac] SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2008
      Jack

      I typed this reply in WP in Sheepshaver and then pasted it into
      Eudora 6.2.4 in OS X 10.5.3. However, I had to "copy as text", I
      couldn't do a standard Cmd-C copy. John Rethorst(?) has a Copy as
      Text Macro that I've put on Ctrl-C in WP.

      Geoff

      >I opened a WordPerfect document on my MacBook with SheepShaver. I
      >wanted to copy text from the WP document and paste it into an e-mail.
      > I could not figure out how to do that. I could copy the text. But,
      >it would not paste into the e-mail. Any suggestions? Thanks.
      >
      >Jack Dveirin
      >New Orleans, LA

    • jpwav716
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 21, 2008
        I saved this message from when I had the same problem.
        I finally get a chance to contribute to this forum.
        This is from John Rethorst
        You can copy and paste text, including styled text, to and
        from WordPerfect in SheepShaver and any OSX application.
        The way to do this is included in the Using SheepShaver
        and WP.pdf document included in the distribution, but it
        could perhaps be clearer.

        When we say clipboard, we actually mean one of the few
        clipboards probably active on our Mac at any time. The
        OS has a clipboard, for use by all running applications,
        but larger or more sophisticated applications tend to be
        written with their own clipboards. The application has more
        control over it and it's faster, but the application and
        system clipboards then need to talk to each other to transfer
        data. They do this when you switch applications.

        When you copy and paste from one OS 9 app to another,
        or from one OSX app to another, you first select text and
        choose Copy from the Edit menu. This places the text on
        application A's clipboard. You then switch to application B
        to paste.

        When you brought application B to the front (activated it),
        application A pasted the contents of its clipboard onto the
        system clipboard, for use by any other application. When
        application B came to the front, it copied the contents of the
        system clipboard, so that text is now on application B's
        clipboard as well. Then you paste, and the text appears in
        application B's front window.

        This works the same way with SheepShaver and WP, but
        remember that WP is now an application running inside
        SS, another application, so we need to do a total of one
        extra mouse click to get the text from one clipboard to
        the other. So:

        1) to copy text from WP to any OSX app:

        select text in WP and copy. This puts the text on WP's
        clipboard. Then click on the SheepShaver desktop, to
        bring the Finder to the front. This copies the text from
        WP's clipboard to SheepShaver' s clipboard. Then switch
        to the OSX app and paste.

        2) to copy text from any OSX app to WP:

        select text in the OSX app and copy. Switch to SheepShaver.
        If WP is the active app in SS, click on the SS desktop.
        This copies the text to SS's clipboard. Then click in the
        WP window. This activates WP and copies the text to
        WP's clipboard. Then paste.

        This sounds much more complicated than it is. Just
        remember to click on the SS desktop on your way to
        or from WP, and it works fine.

        John R.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 21, 2008
          Copy text from the WP document. Click once on the Sheepshaver
          desktop.Paste the text into the mail message.

          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "jackdveirin" <jdveirin@...> wrote:

          > I opened a WordPerfect document on my MacBook with SheepShaver. I
          > wanted to copy text from the WP document and paste it into an e-mail.
          > I could not figure out how to do that. I could copy the text. But,
          > it would not paste into the e-mail. Any suggestions? Thanks.
        • Dick
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 14, 2010
            I've tried to install SheepShaver on my MacBook, and I think I know
            why it's not working, but I'd like your advice on how to proceed.

            I have a SheepShaver folder called SheepShaver folder, containing:

            SheepShaver
            BasiliskII_keycodes
            a folder called shared
            a file called Mac OS ROM that I have good reason to believe is a
            compatible ROM file
            a locked disk image file called macos9800.dmg that purports to be the right disk image.

            It's the last that I suspect. But the contents look like what I would
            expect to see in the right disk image.

            Sheepshaver fails to launch.

            How would you suggest I proceed?

            Dick Plotz