Speaking of system 7...

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 10, 2008
      John's message about macros prompts me to re-ask a question I asked
      awhile ago that got diverted in some other direction before anyone
      really answered it. If my orphaned classic applications (like WP) work
      fine under the version of system 7 that's in John's SS "distribution",
      is there any particular good reason to try to find a later version (8
      something or 9 something)? (There do seem to be copies of version
      9.0.x on ebay now and then and I probably have one lost in my office.)

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 10, 2008
        Ted

        I've upgraded to System 8.6, but until the latest hack of
        sheepshaver, 7.5.1 had much better graphics. I toyed on many
        occasions with going back to John's original and only didn't because
        having made the effort to upgrade I was too stubborn to admit it may
        not have been worth it. Stick with 7.5.1 if it already does
        everything you might want. John's package is excellent.

        Geoff