Macro/Applescript updates planned

    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2008
      I'm beginning a project to update the 25 or 30 third-party
      macro and Applescript utilities we have, for optimum
      performance under SheepShaver, i.e. with Intel machines
      and OS versions 10.5 and later.

      Most need no updating at all, except that some
      documentation files need new graphics, since they were done
      in graphic formats that postdate system 7.

      Some need minor updating. DocCompare doesn't yet work
      under SS, due to a conflict I haven't figured out between SS
      and MacPerl, or at least these versions of both. But most
      work just fine.

      Some need improvement in any case. My regex search utility
      should stay open after a search, until the user quits it, and
      that's a small rewrite.

      What I want to ask the group, or those members using SS, is
      what they'd like to see updated first. Is there anything you'd
      find especially useful, or does anything have a glitch under
      SS that I haven't seen?

      John R.
    • gero_herrmann
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2011
        > Some need minor updating. DocCompare doesn't yet work
        > under SS, due to a conflict I haven't figured out between SS
        > and MacPerl, or at least these versions of both. But most
        > work just fine.

        I recommend to _replace_ the MacPerl folder installed on SheepShaver with an older version of MacPerl, which works fine with both DocCompare and SheepShaver:

        http://cpan.perl.org/ports/mac/Mac_Perl_520r4_appl.bin

        Then, open each of the AppleScript script and droplet files of DocCompare 2.0.1 in Script Editor, tell Script Editor where MacPerl is, add and remove a character to force it to recompile, and save. You may then put the script into the OtherMenu folder and the droplet onto the Desktop. Don't forget to install the "WP DocCompare Prep" macro (see ReadMe).