Migrating from PC to Mac

  • lasianmuscle
    Message 1 of 2 , May 18, 2008
      My office has finally let me get an iMac instead of continuing
      with a PC, so I will be using Parallels to run Windows XP and
      running WordPerfect. For a number of technical reasons, I
      cannot hook a cord between the two machines and just export
      my WP settings, so I'll be burning certain files onto a disk and
      reloading them onto my iMac.

      (a) where are my WP macros, keyboard settings, and
      preferences files?(b) would it be simply a matter of copying
      these from my old PC and putting them into the same files
      on my iMac?

      Thank you!
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 2 , May 18, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "lasianmuscle" <lasianmuscle@...> wrote:

        > (a) where are my WP macros, keyboard settings, and
        > preferences files?(b) would it be simply a matter of copying
        > these from my old PC and putting them into the same files
        > on my iMac?

        Because this is a WP for the Mac group, you may not get the
        same depth of answers that you might get by asking in a
        forum devoted to WordPerfect for Windows. If no one offers
        a detailed answer here, try the forums at

        http://www.wpuniverse.com

        where you'll probably find the answer to the same question
        has already appeared more than once.

        WP for the Mac is a very different program from WPWin, and
        stores its settings in completely different places.