[wpmac] Re: How to Add UNIX HD to SheepShaver volume

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 10 , May 12 7:07 AM
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Patricia S. Rudden"
      <huntergirl@...> wrote:

      > Short answer: I already have Nisus Compact (which is a free
      > download), and the OSX versions involve money. Another reason: I'm
      > curious about how many OS 9 programs can happen in SS and how to get
      > them to start.
      >
      > PR

      I imagine someone has compiled a list of classic programs that do or do
      not work under Sheepshaver, but the few I've tried (under the version
      of the OS that comes with John's install -- I still to have unearth my
      install disks for anything more recent) work just fine. Just mount the
      sheepshaver disk image in OS X, drag the requisite file(s) and folder
      (s) to where you want them, and unmount it before launching SS. I've
      even been able to run them with the classic app living in the Unix
      disk/folder, but desktop associations (file type to app) don't work
      well in that situation.

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN