SheepShaver: Startup Disk control panel

  • Bob Stern
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 28, 2008
      I'd like to warn against using the Startup Disk control panel within
      SheepShaver. When I opened it and then clicked on the SheepShaver
      disk icon, it crashed SS. (Probably because OS 7.5 was trying to
      save the startup disk preference to a non-existent PRAM.) My SS
      startup volume then became corrupted.

      I think the safest approach is to move this control panel to the
      "Control Panels (Disabled)" folder, or else delete it altogether.

      John (Rethorst), you might consider incorporating this change the
      next time you upload a revised SS installation package.
      --

      Bob Stern
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 28, 2008

        > I'd like to warn against using the Startup Disk control panel within
        > SheepShaver. When I opened it and then clicked on the SheepShaver
        > disk icon, it crashed SS. ...
        > John (Rethorst), you might consider incorporating this change the
        > next time you upload a revised SS installation package.

        That I will do, as noted here some time after the last release. It
        was my error to include the control panel in the last, and in the
        original, release.

        John R.
      • Bobby Debes
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2008
          Hey John. I too have been using Wordperfect for as long as I can remember.
          I bought my first Macbook in January '08 and love it. But I am unable to
          open any of my WP documents. I tried downloading SheepShaver and it appears
          on the desktop, but when I click on the icon nothing much happens. I am
          running Mac OS X version 10.5.2. Can you offer any help?

          Bob Debes

          Houston