[wpmac] Re: SheepShaver build of 11 April 08 (was: page numbering problem)

  • Bob Stern
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 28, 2008
      >Tom Rostaf wrote:
      >
      >John, the link to the new SheepShaver build is
      >
      ><http://www.nomicro.com/SheepShaver.zip>
      >
      >which is fund on this page:
      >
      ><http://www.nomicro.com/SheepShaver.html>
      >
      >which is referred to on the very top Sticky page in E-Maculation,
      >"SheepShaver IntelMac build 02 Jan 2008," page 1:
      >
      >http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5093&start=0&sid=d855f7eccad60b6f4779bdf662c25bf5
      >
      >about 2/3 of the way down the page, in a post by kelvin31415 dated
      >Sun Apr 13, 2008, 3:40 am. kelvin31415 calls his solution to the
      >cursor bug a kludge, but says he has also fixed the problem of
      >keyboard and mouse input going south after however many mouse
      >switches between SS and OSX. If he really has fixed this, that is
      >major. I've been using this build for a few days, and so far so
      >good.

      For the benefit of the less technically inclined, Tom is saying that
      this SheepShaver build was NOT released by the official SheepShaver
      team, but is a modified version created by "kelvin31415" on 11 April
      2008 to fix the bugs described above. He says his modification is
      based on the official SheepShaver source code of March 2008.

      Warning: The modified version referenced above was compiled by
      "kelvin31415" for Intel Macs only. It will not run on PPC Macs.

      Also, "kelvin31415" warns that he tested it only in Tiger. (I just
      started using it on Leopard. OK so far. Thanks, Tom!)
      --

      Bob Stern