Re: parallels and wp 5.1

  • Edward Mendelson
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 22, 2008
      Just to clarify:

      When running WPDOS under Parallels or VMware, if you are
      running it under Windows, then WPDOS runs in one of two
      ways:

      1. Fullscreen mode. In Parallels or VMware, this mode will
      ALWAYS appear in a tiny window. There is NO way to change
      this.

      2. Windowed mode (WPDOS with a Windows "menu bar" at
      the top). You can change the font size by using the method
      below, and you change it even more flexibly running Tame
      from www.tamedos.com.

      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@...> wrote:

      > If you are running it under Windows, use Alt-Space to open the
      > System menu (the icon in the upper-left of the window), find
      > the tab with the font setting, and change the size of the font.
    • andrewglacroix
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 22, 2008
        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@...> wrote:

        > Just to clarify:
        >
        > When running WPDOS under Parallels or VMware, if you are
        > running it under Windows, then WPDOS runs in one of two
        > ways:
        >
        > 1. Fullscreen mode. In Parallels or VMware, this mode will
        > ALWAYS appear in a tiny window. There is NO way to change
        > this.
        >
        > 2. Windowed mode (WPDOS with a Windows "menu bar" at
        > the top). You can change the font size by using the method
        > below, and you change it even more flexibly running Tame
        > from www.tamedos.com.

        > --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Edward Mendelson" <emendelson@> wrote:
        > >
        > > If you are running it under Windows, use Alt-Space to open the
        > > System menu (the icon in the upper-left of the window), find
        > > the tab with the font setting, and change the size of the font.

        Edward - a question for you. can i run wpdos with a windows
        "menu bar" under parallels?

        if not, how do I do it?

        best regards,

        Andrew
      • Edward Mendelson
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 23, 2008
          Press Alt-Enter when WPDOS is active. Under Windows,
          that switches between full-screen and windowed mode
          - just as it does in real Windows. When in windowed
          mode, click on the upper-left icon on the WP window
          and change the settings so that WP remains in windowed
          mode in the future.