Re: Help...

  • repeating_decimal
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 22, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

      > dcalvert100 wrote:
      >
      > >Please can someone tell me how to open a Word, Word Perfect and PDF
      > >document on a Mac? New user...thanks.
      >
      > You can open a PDF file using either Preview (an Apple program that
      > should already be installed on your Mac, in the Applications folder)
      > or Adobe Reader (downloadable from <http://www.adobe.com>, or the
      > full version of Adobe Acrobat, or GraphicConverter
      > <http://www.lemkesoft.de>.
      >
      > You can open a Word document using either Apple's Pages program, part
      > of iWork, available for Apple, or NeoOffice
      > <http://www.neooffice.org>, or get MacLinkPlus
      > <http://www.dataviz.com>, translate the document to a WordPerfect Mac
      > file, and install WordPerfect and SheepShaver, available via the web
      > page associated with this group.
      >
      > You can open a WordPerfect document using either NeoOffice
      > <http://www.neooffice.org>, or or get MacLinkPlus
      > <http://www.dataviz.com>, translate the document to a WordPerfect Mac
      > file, and install WordPerfect and SheepShaver, available via the web
      > page associated with this group, or use MLP to translate the file
      > into a Pages file, and open with Pages.
      >
      > You could also use MLP to translate it into a NisusWriter file, and
      > install Nisus and open it with that program. Or get MLP and
      > MarinerWrite.

      This turned out to be a very useful post for me.

      I have an important file, which I believe to be in a version of
      WordPerfect. I think that the attached extension, AXF, was a
      personal identification rather than a file type description.
      NeoOffice opened it up with no comment or complaint. I was
      able to save the file in a number of formats including MS
      Word, and RTF. There was no option to save as a WordPerfect
      file

      I did lose paragraph numbers. Although annoying, I am
      grateful to for what I got. Is therer a way to restore these
      numbers? Remnants appear as a period with blank spaces
      surrounding them.

      I will continue trying to use ƟheepShaver so as to be able to
      run WordPerfect directly.