Re: Repairing OS 9 Permissions on OSX

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2008

      > I did so
      > using Disk Utility (File > Fix OS 9 Permissions).

      N.B. Run this from an administrative account. Otherwise it will
      ask you for an administrator password before fixing every
      permission, and there appear to be many of them.

      John R.
    • RBRoufberg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
        In a message dated 4/21/08 11:21:26 PM, jrethorst@... writes:

        > > I did so
        > > using Disk Utility (File > Fix OS 9 Permissions).
        >
        > N.B. Run this from an administrative account. Otherwise it will
        > ask you for an administrator password before fixing every
        > permission, and there appear to be many of them.

        What is a "permission?" Who gives whom a permission to do what? I am the
        sole user of my computer.

        Ruth R.

      • Edward Mendelson
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 23, 2008
          Do this search on Google:

          "os x" permissions

          and the first item that appears will explain it.