HELP...

  • dcalvert100
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 18, 2008
      Please can someone tell me how to open a WORD, WORD PERFECT and PDF
      document on a MAC? New user...thanks.
    • Edward Mendelson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 18, 2008
        Also, many Word files will open in TextEdit when you double-click on them.

        --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "dcalvert100" <dcalvert100@...> wrote:

        > Please can someone tell me how to open a WORD, WORD PERFECT and PDF
        > document on a MAC? New user...thanks.

      • J.J. McVeigh
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 18, 2008
          dcalvert100 wrote:

          >Please can someone tell me how to open a Word, Word Perfect and PDF
          >document on a Mac? New user...thanks.

          You can open a PDF file using either Preview (an Apple program that
          should already be installed on your Mac, in the Applications folder)
          or Adobe Reader (downloadable from <http://www.adobe.com>, or the
          full version of Adobe Acrobat, or GraphicConverter
          <http://www.lemkesoft.de>.

          You can open a Word document using either Apple's Pages program, part
          of iWork, available for Apple, or NeoOffice
          <http://www.neooffice.org>, or get MacLinkPlus
          <http://www.dataviz.com>, translate the document to a WordPerfect Mac
          file, and install WordPerfect and SheepShaver, available via the web
          page associated with this group.

          You can open a WordPerfect document using either NeoOffice
          <http://www.neooffice.org>, or or get MacLinkPlus
          <http://www.dataviz.com>, translate the document to a WordPerfect Mac
          file, and install WordPerfect and SheepShaver, available via the web
          page associated with this group, or use MLP to translate the file
          into a Pages file, and open with Pages.

          You could also use MLP to translate it into a NisusWriter file, and
          install Nisus and open it with that program. Or get MLP and
          MarinerWrite.
        • Edward Mendelson
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 18, 2008
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

            > dcalvert100 wrote:
            >
            > >Please can someone tell me how to open a Word, Word Perfect and PDF
            > >document on a Mac? New user...thanks.

            The short version of the answer is: double-click on the document and see
            what OS X does with it. It may well open it.
          • repeating_decimal
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 22, 2008
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

              > dcalvert100 wrote:
              >
              > >Please can someone tell me how to open a Word, Word Perfect and PDF
              > >document on a Mac? New user...thanks.
              >
              > You can open a PDF file using either Preview (an Apple program that
              > should already be installed on your Mac, in the Applications folder)
              > or Adobe Reader (downloadable from <http://www.adobe.com>, or the
              > full version of Adobe Acrobat, or GraphicConverter
              > <http://www.lemkesoft.de>.
              >
              > You can open a Word document using either Apple's Pages program, part
              > of iWork, available for Apple, or NeoOffice
              > <http://www.neooffice.org>, or get MacLinkPlus
              > <http://www.dataviz.com>, translate the document to a WordPerfect Mac
              > file, and install WordPerfect and SheepShaver, available via the web
              > page associated with this group.
              >
              > You can open a WordPerfect document using either NeoOffice
              > <http://www.neooffice.org>, or or get MacLinkPlus
              > <http://www.dataviz.com>, translate the document to a WordPerfect Mac
              > file, and install WordPerfect and SheepShaver, available via the web
              > page associated with this group, or use MLP to translate the file
              > into a Pages file, and open with Pages.
              >
              > You could also use MLP to translate it into a NisusWriter file, and
              > install Nisus and open it with that program. Or get MLP and
              > MarinerWrite.

              This turned out to be a very useful post for me.

              I have an important file, which I believe to be in a version of
              WordPerfect. I think that the attached extension, AXF, was a
              personal identification rather than a file type description.
              NeoOffice opened it up with no comment or complaint. I was
              able to save the file in a number of formats including MS
              Word, and RTF. There was no option to save as a WordPerfect
              file

              I did lose paragraph numbers. Although annoying, I am
              grateful to for what I got. Is therer a way to restore these
              numbers? Remnants appear as a period with blank spaces
              surrounding them.

              I will continue trying to use ƟheepShaver so as to be able to
              run WordPerfect directly.