Re: [wpmac] installing wp

  • John Rehwinkel
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 16, 2008
      > I'm running 10.4.11. I believe i can run 3.5e under this OX by using
      > classic. I have a copy of 9.2 and place a system folder in my root
      > directory of my internal boot drive. I cannot get classic to start
      > up.

      Yeah, a little magic is required to install Classic on a 10.4
      system. Fortunately, Apple supplies the magic. You need to
      "restore" Classic from your install discs with a special restore
      program that understands how to install a Classic environment
      on a Tiger disc.

      You can download the special restore program from the link on Apple's
      Knowledge Base here:

      Ignore the upper part of the page with its silly "erase the disc,
      install 10.2, install Classic, update to 10.4" instructions, and
      scroll down to the heading reading "Download a later version of
      Software Restore for Tiger". The link is not the underlined
      "License agreement and download" all by itself. The real link
      is the "Accept and Download" link at the end of the last paragraph.

      -- Hope this helps,
      John