Re: [wpmac] Once again: installing fonts in WP under SheepShaver

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1 8:56 PM
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "hnd/general" <newtownw@...> wrote:

      > It's not clear what would cause this problem, but you could try from OSX
      > copying the Futura font suitcase into the shared area (seen by SS as Unix
      > volume), starting SS and copying it into the Fonts folder from there. If
      > that doesn't work you could try unpacking the suitcase and copying the
      > individual fonts... which version of the OS introduced suitcases? I don't
      > think that could be it... More likely a problem with the dmg; I'd say rely
      > on SS to look after that and don't mess with it from OSX.

      Are these OSX fonts? The datafont filetype is, I think, a new file type
      that the classic OS would not recognize - and which Disk First Aid
      might see as a corrupted file. If they are classic fonts, just putting them
      (as a font suitcase or individual files) in the Fonts folder in the
      System folder, should work. You can do this either in SS or in OSX.