.WPD from 1997 (WP 5.1?) file on MAC

  • runioncpaesqcva
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 28, 2008
      Installed SheepShaver (OS X & Intel) and WordPerfect seems to
      be working fine, except using File-Open I cannot see/find a
      .WPD file that I dragged onto desktop and various other spots.
      The file was created/saved in 1997. I would really like to be
      able to open that file on my Mac. Any suggestions to that
      end would be MUCH appreciated. While I assume Conversions
      2-1.1.2.sit might be part of a solution, I cannot figure out what
      to do once I have it downloaded, i.e. when I click on it I get a
      message that simply says "Safari can't open the file "Conversion
      Guide.pdf.sit" because no available application can open it."
      TIA for any help.
      Dan
    • Daly Jessup
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2008
        >Installed SheepShaver (OS X & Intel) and WordPerfect seems to
        >be working fine, except using File-Open I cannot see/find a
        >.WPD file that I dragged onto desktop and various other spots.
        >The file was created/saved in 1997. I would really like to be
        >able to open that file on my Mac. Any suggestions to that
        >end would be MUCH appreciated. While I assume Conversions
        >2-1.1.2.sit might be part of a solution, I cannot figure out what
        >to do once I have it downloaded, i.e. when I click on it I get a
        >message that simply says "Safari can't open the file "Conversion
        >Guide.pdf.sit" because no available application can open it."
        >TIA for any help.

        Safari should not be trying to open a StuffIt document. I suggest
        that you download the file to your Desktop [done]. Then
        right/Control-click the .sit file, and choose "Open With" from the
        menu, and in Open With, choose "StuffIt Expander". That should
        decompress the file.

        It will then be a PDF, and double clicking it in the Finder should
        result in its opening in Adobe Reader.

        Daly