Fixing SheepShaver Install (was: newbie advice needed)

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 20, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "Jim P." <JamesPerley@...> wrote:

      > I finally got up the courage to download Sheep Saver and install it.
      > I followed the instructions to the letter using Sheep Saver
      > preferences on my Intel Mac and after setting everything up
      > according to instructions, the Sheep Saver icon appeared on my
      > desktop. Clicking that icon results is a title bar that says Shhep
      > Saver and window. But I then get nothing but a spinning
      > beach ball.

      Use the free utility EasyFind (link in the Links section here) to find
      the invisible file ".sheepshaver_prefs" in your home folder. Use
      EasyFind to destroy that file. Then go through SheepShaver Prefs
      again. It sounds like either a preference was not correctly set or
      the Prefs file became corrupted.