word perfect/hold off on emails to Amelia for the moment

  • Lynne Ostfeld
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 14, 2008
      I just heard from Amelia Opat and she said that the response from Mac
      using attorneys re their desire to use Word Perfect (again) has been
      so overwhelming that her inbox is overflowing.
      She will get back to me with a better way for everyone to make their
      thoughts known.
      So, for the moment, please do not send any more emails to her.

      Lynne R. Ostfeld
      Lynne R. Ostfeld, P.C.
      300 N. State St., #5405
      Chicago, IL 60610
      tel: 312.645.1066
      ostfeld@...
      www.ostfeldlaw.com

    • Randy B. Singer
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 14, 2008
        On Mar 14, 2008, at 10:05 AM, Lynne Ostfeld wrote:

        > I just heard from Amelia Opat and she said that the response from Mac
        > using attorneys re their desire to use Word Perfect (again) has been
        > so overwhelming that her inbox is overflowing.
        > She will get back to me with a better way for everyone to make their
        > thoughts known.
        > So, for the moment, please do not send any more emails to her.

        Corel has a dedicated e-mail address to write to them about your
        interest in WordPerfect/Mac:

        wpmac@...

        Randy B. Singer

        Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
        http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 15, 2008

          >Corel has a dedicated e-mail address to write to them about your
          >interest in WordPerfect/Mac:
          >
          >wpmac@...
          Randy

          Agreed, but I wonder how often Corel check wpmac@...? While no
          more emails should be sent to Amelia Opat's personal email at Corel,
          I think it had a direct impact - as to whether it will have any
          concrete consequences, I'm not holding my breath.

          Geoff
        • rifetube
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 15, 2008
            --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Lynne Ostfeld <lynnelists@...>
            wrote:

            > I just heard from Amelia Opat and she said that the response from Mac
            > using attorneys re their desire to use Word Perfect (again) has been
            > so overwhelming that her inbox is overflowing.
            > She will get back to me with a better way for everyone to make their
            > thoughts known.
            > So, for the moment, please do not send any more emails to her.

            Why not just send Amelia and/or Corel a postal letter....there's
            nothing more impressive than dropping a whole pile of letters on your
            boss's desk to make a point.

            Regards,
            Bill Cheb
          • mdcthen@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 15, 2008
              Just give us the address. I think that is a great idea! :)
              Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

              > I just heard from Amelia Opat and she said that the response from Mac
              > using attorneys re their desire to use Word Perfect (again) has been
              > so overwhelming that her inbox is overflowing.
              > She will get back to me with a better way for everyone to make their
              > thoughts known.
              > So, for the moment, please do not send any more emails to her.

              Why not just send Amelia and/or Corel a postal letter....there's
              nothing more impressive than dropping a whole pile of letters on your
              boss's desk to make a point.

              Regards,
              Bill Cheb
            • David Manley
              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 15, 2008
                Yes, please! Make sure you send the address to the list.
                David
                On Mar 15, 2008, at 2:55 PM, mdcthen@... wrote:

                > Just give us the address. I think that is a great idea! :)
                > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                This electronic mail (including any attachments) may contain
                information that is privileged, confidential, and/or otherwise
                protected from disclosure to anyone other than its intended
                recipient(s). Any dissemination or use of this electronic email or its
                contents (including any attachments) by persons other than the
                intended recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received
                this message in error, please notify me immediately by reply email so
                that we may correct our internal records. Please then delete the
                original message (including any attachments) in its entirety. Thank you.
              • pjandlar
                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 15, 2008
                  I've tried that email several times over the years, and the emails have bounced back.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 16, 2008
                    --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, David Manley <dmanley123@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Yes, please! Make sure you send the address to the list.
                    > David
                    > On Mar 15, 2008, at 2:55 PM, mdcthen@... wrote:
                    >
                    > > Just give us the address. I think that is a great idea! :)
                    > > Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                    > > Why not just send Amelia and/or Corel a postal letter....there's
                    > > nothing more impressive than dropping a whole pile of letters on
                    your boss's desk to make a point.

                    > > Regards,
                    > > Bill Cheb

                    Corel's head office address is:

                    Corel Corporation
                    Attn: Amelia Opat
                    1600 Carling Avenue
                    Ottawa, Ontario
                    Canada
                    K1Z 8R7

                    If Corel's executives are at all astute, they will be using the 500:1
                    rule polititions use, ie. for every letter received, there are another
                    500 people out there who feel the same way that have not sent a letter.

                    Regards,
                    Bill Cheb

                    I would suggest addressing your postal mail Attn: Amelia Opat
                  • RBRoufberg@aol.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Mar 17, 2008
                      In addition to the e-mail I sent Amelia Opat (with copy to this group's
                      website), I also followed the suggestion of Blll Cheb, as follows:

                      In a message dated 3/15/08 2:59:05 PM, mdcthen@... writes:

                      > Why not just send Amelia and/or Corel a postal letter....there's
                      > nothing more impressive than dropping a whole pile of letters on your
                      boss's desk to make a point.

                      I sent the same message as my e-mail, but addressed it to both of the snail
                      mail addresses that randy@... provided on Sunday, March 16.

                      Corel Corporation
                      1600 Carling Avenue
                      Ottawa, Ontario
                      Canada
                      K1Z 8R7

                      Corel USA
                      46430 Fremont Blvd.
                      Fremont, CA 94538

                      I added "Attention: Amelia Opat" to the envelope addresses.

                      Ruth R.