SheepShaver on PPC with 10.5

  • Norcliff Wiley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
      I have been looking for this answer and have not as yet found
      it here. At least from what I can interpret from the all posts.
      Here it is: Will SheepShaver work on a PPC Mac that is
      running Leopard 10.5?

      What do I download for that. All the info I can find only talks
      about running SheepShaver on an Intel Mac. Now that Apple
      ended Classic altogether with OS 10.5 it leaves us PPC Mac
      users without a place to go. I still need Classic!
    • James ARTHURS
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
        Either partition your existing drive, installing Leopard on one
        partition
        and Tiger (which includes Classic) on the other OR buy an external
        drive,
        install Tiger (which includes Classic) and then, in both cases,
        designate
        the appropriate one to be your Startup drive, according to your needs.
        Note: that suggestion is for the PPC but it is impossible on an Intel
        Mac
        running Leopard.

        I hope this helps.

        Jimmy.
        ————————————————————————————————

        On Mar 3, 2008, at 5:21 PM, Norcliff Wiley wrote:
        > I have been looking for this answer and have not as yet found
        > it here. At least from what I can interpret from the all posts.
        > Here it is: Will SheepShaver work on a PPC Mac that is
        > running Leopard 10.5?
        >
        > What do I download for that. All the info I can find only talks
        > about running SheepShaver on an Intel Mac. Now that Apple
        > ended Classic altogether with OS 10.5 it leaves us PPC Mac
        > users without a place to go. I still need Classic!

      • Bob Stern
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 3, 2008
          >Norcliff Wiley wrote:
          >
          >Will SheepShaver work on a PPC Mac that is running Leopard 10.5?
          >
          >What do I download for that. All the info I can find only talks
          >about running SheepShaver on an Intel Mac. Now that Apple ended
          >Classic altogether with OS 10.5 it leaves us PPC Mac users without a
          >place to go.

          Follow all the instructions discussed here. There is no difference
          between using SheepShaver on a PPC or an Intel Mac.
          --

          Bob Stern