Re: [wpmac] Inserting an additional row into an existing table

  • Bob Stern
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
      As far as I know, the answer to your question is No. However, a
      single press of the down arrow key to move to the next table row
      isn't that hard, is it?

      One thing that may help is that you can add an Insert Table Row
      button to your toolbar, which is a lot easier than using the menu
      command.
      --

      Bob Stern
    • J.J. McVeigh
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
        Daryl Chinn wrote:

        >You can create a macro do to this:
        >
        >[....]
        >
        >The first time I did created this macro, the program
        >froze. I force quit WP and then restarted, and then
        >re-created the macro. No problem anymore. I don't
        >know what caused the freeze, but the macro appears to
        >be working now. You can probably edit the macro or
        >create others to insert rows or columns, but I haven't
        >tried all the possibilities, just the problem you've
        >mentioned.
        >
        >The macro, if you look at its text, has one line (no
        >quotation marks):
        >
        >"Insert Row (1;After Selection)"
        >
        >where 1 is the number of rows you want to insert.
        >
        >Hope this helps. Kinda cool to be able to do this so
        >easily with WP.

        Thank you. That works. :-)

        Not that it is a chose to invoke the macro, but I guess there is no
        way to alter WP's preferences to affect this behavior.

        --

        John
      • Bob Stern
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
          >J.J. McVeigh wrote:
          >
          >Consider, for example, wanting to add an extra line when you are
          >already in the last row and in the rightmost column of the table.

          Simply press the Tab key!
          --

          Bob Stern
        • J.J. McVeigh
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
            Bob Stern wrote:

            > >Consider, for example, wanting to add an extra line when you are
            >>already in the last row and in the rightmost column of the table.
            >
            >Simply press the Tab key!

            Wow, that's great! Didn't know that! Thanks, Bob!
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 3, 2008
              --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "J.J. McVeigh" <kd4vs@...> wrote:

              > Bob Stern wrote:
              >
              > >>Consider, for example, wanting to add an extra line when you are
              > >>already in the last row and in the rightmost column of the table.
              > >
              > >Simply press the Tab key!
              >
              > Wow, that's great! Didn't know that! Thanks, Bob!

              That's been in "Tips & Macros" for some years now.

              Harrumph.