Re: [wpmac] Getting a ROM

  • Daly Jessup
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      Helen wrote:

      >I am downloading it right now and will attempt installing again. The
      >last time I tried to install though, the instructions said I needed a
      >ROM first...which is where I am stymied....the ROM has to come from an
      >older mac or the mac rom update and I can't get to the first and the
      >latter won't open without having classic or OS 9.

      You will find that this download gives you everything you need. Even
      a simple installer that does almost all the work for you. Just use
      the PDF file that tells how to set a few easy preferences the first
      time you open the application. You will be pleased.

      Now, if only I could get SheepShaver to stop crashing almost every
      time I try printing!)
      Daly
    • pjandlar
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
        Perhaps the confusion here is the source for your download.
        Downloading the Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install 1.1
        from this site gives you everything you need, including the
        ROM. Downloading Sheepshaver from sheepshaver's site
        doesn't, or at least didn't last time I looked.
        Pam