Re: [wpmac] Getting a ROM

  • hhelenhh48
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
      --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, Daly Jessup <daly@...> wrote:

      > Helen wrote:
      >
      > >Hi folks, I have tried to get going on Sheepshaver on my MacPro, but I
      > am stymied by the ROM!
      >
      > Maybe you are not using the latest installer. Try going to:
      >
      > </links/SheepShaver_001167597845/>
      >
      > then click "Links" in the left column.
      > then "SheepShaver and Basilsk" on the right (currently the third link
      > down the list)
      > then at the bottom of that page, is a link for
      > "SheepShaver-WordPerfect Install 1.1"
      > That's the one you probably want. It includes a simple installer and
      > a few simple configuration commands explained in an illustrated
      > ReadMe file.
      >
      > (The author has asked that pepole not publish direct links to the
      > site to try to prevent spam being sent to that location, which is why
      > I described the path rather than just publishing it.)
      >
      > Daly
      > ----------------------

      I am downloading it right now and will attempt installing again. The
      last time I tried to install though, the instructions said I needed a
      ROM first...which is where I am stymied....the ROM has to come from an
      older mac or the mac rom update and I can't get to the first and the
      latter won't open without having classic or OS 9.
      Thanks,
      Helen
    • Daly Jessup
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
        Helen wrote:

        >I am downloading it right now and will attempt installing again. The
        >last time I tried to install though, the instructions said I needed a
        >ROM first...which is where I am stymied....the ROM has to come from an
        >older mac or the mac rom update and I can't get to the first and the
        >latter won't open without having classic or OS 9.

        You will find that this download gives you everything you need. Even
        a simple installer that does almost all the work for you. Just use
        the PDF file that tells how to set a few easy preferences the first
        time you open the application. You will be pleased.

        Now, if only I could get SheepShaver to stop crashing almost every
        time I try printing!)
        Daly
      • pjandlar
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2008
          Perhaps the confusion here is the source for your download.
          Downloading the Sheepshaver-WordPerfect Install 1.1
          from this site gives you everything you need, including the
          ROM. Downloading Sheepshaver from sheepshaver's site
          doesn't, or at least didn't last time I looked.
          Pam