Password Protected WP 3.5e Mac files... Can they be opened?

  • Jerry
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 29, 2008
      Quite some years ago I made quite a few WordPerfect 3.5e
      password protected files (68k and *maybe* PPC). Years
      later, I have an Intel Mac. I don't have steady access to a
      PPC and I'm not even sure my old 68k Mac still works,
      let alone finding the software on a floppy in some unknown
      box. To further the troubles, I'm not even sure I can remember
      the passwords (some maybe, but not all).

      Any hints?
    • pjandlar
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2008
        I just created a password protected WordPerfect 3.5e file
        on my older iMac and sent it over to my Intel Mac.
        I have NeoOffice, and clicking the file opened NeoOffice
        with a blank document. The document window had the
        document's title, but no content. NeoOffice never asked
        me for the password, so even if you know it,
        that's apparently not an option.

        Pam