[OT] MS OOXML (was Re: [wpmac] Is it possible to use newer version WP docs in Sh

  • ted_m_p_lee
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2008

      > >John Rethorst wrote:
      > >
      > >macros could search for XML tags and replace them with WP codes, not
      > >too hard to do. Going the other way, it would not be hard to go from
      > >one WP code to the next and write the corresponding XML tag at that
      > >point in the text. We wouldn't need to get into binary format; just
      > >work from a list of tags.
      >

      > Inspecting a WordPerfect file in a text editor like Text Wrangler,
      > WordPerfect seems to include a lot of incomprehensible binary data
      > rather than ASCII tags as in XML or RTF.

      Years ago there was complete documentation available for what
      that "incomprehensible binary data" meant, and it was pretty
      straightforward. I have no idea where that documentation was or is or
      whether it ever got updated as the product evolved. (Believe it or not
      I was a beta tester for WP on the Apple GS -- but I don't think I had
      any proprietary docs.)

      Ted Lee
      Minnetonka, MN