Re: [wpmac] A Little off Topic - But Very Useful

  • Joe Edgell
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2008
      On 10 Feb 2008, at 13:11, Judyth wrote:

      > B. Cheb "rifetube" bcheb@... wrote:
      > >I would guess that there are many in this group who, like myself,
      > have
      > >been pounding away on a Mac keyboard since System 6 or 7. And I
      > >suspect that at one time or another in our Classic existence, we
      > >enjoyed the use of one the various flavors of the Visioneer PaperPort
      > > sheet feed scanner.
      >
      > Wow, that brings back memories! As a matter of fact, I'm still
      > running Classic Macs and wish I could get my hands on a PaperPort
      > to go with my Powerbook.

      Neat Receipts makes a scanner package very similar to the old
      PaperPort. Granted, it won't read old Paperport files, but it does
      bring a similar form factor in a modern scanner. They apparently are
      releasing a Mac version in March. Here's the link if anyone's
      interested: http://www.neatreceipts.com/macinfo/ . According to
      their website, it not only does receipts and the like, but will also
      function as a basic scanner.

      Joe
    • jpwav716
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008