Re: [wpmac] A Little off Topic - But Very Useful

  • Judyth
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 10, 2008
      B. Cheb "rifetube" bcheb@... wrote:
      >I would guess that there are many in this group who, like myself, have
      >been pounding away on a Mac keyboard since System 6 or 7. And I
      >suspect that at one time or another in our Classic existence, we
      >enjoyed the use of one the various flavors of the Visioneer PaperPort
      > sheet feed scanner.

      Wow, that brings back memories! As a matter of fact, I'm still running Classic Macs and wish I could get my hands on a PaperPort to go with my Powerbook.

      >I would think that many of us have a lot of old
      >files in the PaperPort format which we would like to easily access.
      >To that end, I have a version of PaperPort Viewer that works in OS X!
      > I'm currently running OS X 10.4.11 on my Intel MacBook Pro and the
      >viewer works perfectly with all my old PaperPort files. If anyone
      >here wishes a copy, please email me off list and I can send you the
      >1.1 MB viewer.dmg file as an email attachment.

      Please do send it to me. Though I don't have a lot of PaperPort files myself, I'll just bet some of my clients do and will need access to them one of these days.

      Regards,

      Judyth

      Judyth Mermelstein "cogito ergo lego ergo cogito..."
      Montreal, QC <judyth.mermelstein@...>
      Canada H4G 1J4 <lapomme@...>
      "A word to the wise is sufficient. For others, use more."
      "Un mot suffit aux sages; pour les autres, il en faut plus."
    • Joe Edgell
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2008
        On 10 Feb 2008, at 13:11, Judyth wrote:

        > B. Cheb "rifetube" bcheb@... wrote:
        > >I would guess that there are many in this group who, like myself,
        > have
        > >been pounding away on a Mac keyboard since System 6 or 7. And I
        > >suspect that at one time or another in our Classic existence, we
        > >enjoyed the use of one the various flavors of the Visioneer PaperPort
        > > sheet feed scanner.
        >
        > Wow, that brings back memories! As a matter of fact, I'm still
        > running Classic Macs and wish I could get my hands on a PaperPort
        > to go with my Powerbook.

        Neat Receipts makes a scanner package very similar to the old
        PaperPort. Granted, it won't read old Paperport files, but it does
        bring a similar form factor in a modern scanner. They apparently are
        releasing a Mac version in March. Here's the link if anyone's
        interested: http://www.neatreceipts.com/macinfo/ . According to
        their website, it not only does receipts and the like, but will also
        function as a basic scanner.

        Joe
      • jpwav716
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008