A Little off Topic - But Very Useful

  • rifetube
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 9, 2008
      I would guess that there are many in this group who, like myself, have
      been pounding away on a Mac keyboard since System 6 or 7. And I
      suspect that at one time or another in our Classic existence, we
      enjoyed the use of one the various flavors of the Visioneer PaperPort
      sheet feed scanner. I would think that many of us have a lot of old
      files in the PaperPort format which we would like to easily access.
      To that end, I have a version of PaperPort Viewer that works in OS X!
      I'm currently running OS X 10.4.11 on my Intel MacBook Pro and the
      viewer works perfectly with all my old PaperPort files. If anyone
      here wishes a copy, please email me off list and I can send you the
      1.1 MB viewer.dmg file as an email attachment.

      With regards,
      Bill Cheb
    • Judyth
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 10, 2008
        B. Cheb "rifetube" bcheb@... wrote:
        >I would guess that there are many in this group who, like myself, have
        >been pounding away on a Mac keyboard since System 6 or 7. And I
        >suspect that at one time or another in our Classic existence, we
        >enjoyed the use of one the various flavors of the Visioneer PaperPort
        > sheet feed scanner.

        Wow, that brings back memories! As a matter of fact, I'm still running Classic Macs and wish I could get my hands on a PaperPort to go with my Powerbook.

        >I would think that many of us have a lot of old
        >files in the PaperPort format which we would like to easily access.
        >To that end, I have a version of PaperPort Viewer that works in OS X!
        > I'm currently running OS X 10.4.11 on my Intel MacBook Pro and the
        >viewer works perfectly with all my old PaperPort files. If anyone
        >here wishes a copy, please email me off list and I can send you the
        >1.1 MB viewer.dmg file as an email attachment.

        Please do send it to me. Though I don't have a lot of PaperPort files myself, I'll just bet some of my clients do and will need access to them one of these days.

        Regards,

        Judyth

        Judyth Mermelstein "cogito ergo lego ergo cogito..."
        Montreal, QC <judyth.mermelstein@...>
        Canada H4G 1J4 <lapomme@...>
        "A word to the wise is sufficient. For others, use more."
        "Un mot suffit aux sages; pour les autres, il en faut plus."
      • Joe Edgell
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 10, 2008
          On 10 Feb 2008, at 13:11, Judyth wrote:

          > B. Cheb "rifetube" bcheb@... wrote:
          > >I would guess that there are many in this group who, like myself,
          > have
          > >been pounding away on a Mac keyboard since System 6 or 7. And I
          > >suspect that at one time or another in our Classic existence, we
          > >enjoyed the use of one the various flavors of the Visioneer PaperPort
          > > sheet feed scanner.
          >
          > Wow, that brings back memories! As a matter of fact, I'm still
          > running Classic Macs and wish I could get my hands on a PaperPort
          > to go with my Powerbook.

          Neat Receipts makes a scanner package very similar to the old
          PaperPort. Granted, it won't read old Paperport files, but it does
          bring a similar form factor in a modern scanner. They apparently are
          releasing a Mac version in March. Here's the link if anyone's
          interested: http://www.neatreceipts.com/macinfo/ . According to
          their website, it not only does receipts and the like, but will also
          function as a basic scanner.

          Joe
        • jpwav716
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008