Installation Problem

  • rilkefan2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
      Hi, I don't know what I did wrong, but the installation of
      WordPerfect SheepSaver seems to be incomplete. After
      installation, when I click on the SheepSaver application
      (icon), a screen opens with the following icons: Adobe
      PS, Set Files to WP, Unix, Trash, and Sheep Saver.

      When I click on SheepSaver, nothing happens. I can't find
      the WordPerfect program. I tried dragging everything to
      the trash and started over with the installation, but
      encountered other problems (duplicate files). Finally got
      it installed I think, but still can't find the WordPerfect for
      Mac program.

      Thanks for your help,

      Linda
    • ted_m_p_lee
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 8, 2008
        Did you try just selecting (click once) the SheepSaver volume and trying to open it with
        either command-O or "open" in the File menu? I've found that double-clickiing can
        sometimes be a bit temperamental and I haven't experimented with any settings to see if
        that'll help. (Of course now as I'm typing this and brought up SS I can't make it fail -- the
        volume opens just fine.) If you open the SheepShaver volume you should see seven
        folders -- AdobePS Components, WordPerfect folder, Documentation, Utilities, System
        Folder, Rh Webster Dictionaries, and ClipArt. The WordPerfect application is inside the
        WordPerfect folder -- while there is an entry for it in the Apple Menu (shortcut) I found it
        didn't link to the right place and had to relink it.

        Ted Lee
        Minnetonka, MN

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 9, 2008
          --- In wordperfectmac@yahoogroups.com, "rilkefan2000" <LSchwalbe@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I don't know what I did wrong, but the installation of
          > WordPerfect SheepSaver seems to be incomplete. After
          > installation, when I click on the SheepSaver application
          > (icon), a screen opens with the following icons: Adobe
          > PS, Set Files to WP, Unix, Trash, and Sheep Saver.
          >
          > When I click on SheepSaver, nothing happens. I can't find
          > the WordPerfect program. I tried dragging everything to
          > the trash and started over with the installation, but
          > encountered other problems (duplicate files). Finally got
          > it installed I think, but still can't find the WordPerfect for
          > Mac program.

          It sounds like your installation was successful, and you're looking
          at the SheepShaver (Mac classic OS) desktop. Can you
          double-click the SheepShaver icon (at the top right of the screen)
          to open its disk window? if so, you'll see the WordPerfect
          folder at that point.

          Alternatively, use QuickFind, the first choice in the Script
          menu (with an icon looking like an old scroll) to find
          WordPerfect.